Friday, May 14, 2004

A Blog on Blog?

From carrousing the thousands of blogs in this virtual world in all about 5 minutes, I've come to the conclusion that a blog can be anything you want it to be. It can be news/information, a "diary" of sorts (though I myself prefer to refer to them as "thought books"). I should probably start my own blog off by warning readers that I tend to write in stream-of-conscious, and many thoughts that I, in my own mind, correlate with one another, to the reader may make no sense at all. Yes, I, too, have the tendency to allude to certain issues at hand.
Still, a blog on blogs? Technically, this would be called a post on blogs. Still, I don't intend to devote the whole duration of this post to blogs themselves. There are much more interesting topics to discuss...but "blog?" Who gave it that term, anyway? Whenever I write it I sound like a member of some obscure, geeky secret society. It almost makes me want to retch even typing the word. I can't exactly explain why. The word is so ugly it just makes even my ears hurt when I read it.

Such are the dumb ponderings of one on the verge of adulthood. I can't wait until graduation.

...

Alright. From now on, I'm going to be completely honest. I don't want to come off sounding like some bombastic, snooty, sappy, drippy web geek. On the contrary, I'm not that. I'm...well, you can determine that for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home