Saturday, May 29, 2004

I'll back you up

I remember thinking,
I'll go on forever only knowing I'll see you again
And I know the touch of you is hard to remember,
But like that touch, I know no other.
And for sure, we have danced in the risk of each other.
Would you like to dance around the world with me?

I'll be falling all about my own thing,
And I know you're the heaviest weight
When you're not here that's hung around my head.
And your lips burn wild,
Thrown from the face of a child,
And in your eyes the seeing of the greatest few.
Do what you will,
Always walk where you like your steps.
Do as you please; I'll back you up.

I remember thinking,
Sometime we walk, sometimes we run away.
But I know, no matter how fast we are running,
Somehow we keep up with each other
.
- Dave Matthews Band, "I'll Back You Up"

If you hold on tight to what you think is your thing, you may find you're missing all the rest.
- Dave Matthews Band, "Best of What's Around"

Don't I need that right now...

More to come as the day progresses...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home