Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Oh, snap!

Wow, I just started screwing around with this photo deal, and look what it brought me!:


Senior picture, everyone! Posted by Hello

Pretty classy, eh?

In other news, well...the rest of this week should be a breeze. AP English is going to Cooperstown for an all-day field trip tomorrow, and I shall be accompanying them. Maybe I'll see my grandma, if we go to Fenimore House, where she works as a secretary.
Today I had about 1/4 day of school, although I didn't do any "learning" the whole day, per se. Like I said before, we had the National Honor Society Induction Ceremony. It went pretty well, and I got the rest of the rainy day off, which I spent by driving over to Brant's to get him to sign a paper for the Lock-In following Prom, and to pick up a check for his mom for all the stuff I paid for regarding Prom (tickets, party bus, etc.). I ended up staying longer than I'd expected, which was awesome. Chris and I just sat and talked about everything, as usual. It was awesome, one of those spontaneous moments with awesome people where you just concentrate your whole attention on that one person for a whole two hours or so. It blew my mind. Ah, the chemistry of it all!
My life has been extraordinary,
Blessed and cursed and won.
Time heals but I'm forever broken
By and by the way...
Have you ever heard the words I'm singing in these songs?
It's for the [guy] I've loved all along.
Can a taste of love be so wrong? --

As all things must surely have to end
And great lovers will one day have to part.
I know that I am meant for this world,
And in my mind as I was floating far above the clouds,
Some children laughed, I'd fall for certain
For thinking that I'd last forever,

But I knew exactly where I was,
And I knew the meaning of it all,
And I knew the distance to the sun,
And I knew the echo that is love,
And I knew the secrets in your spires,
And I knew the emptiness of youth,
And I knew the solitude of heart,
And I knew the murmurs of the soul.

And the world is drawn into your hands,
And the world is etched upon your heart,
And the world so hard to understand
Is the world you can't live without.
And I knew the silence of the world...

- Smashing Pumpkins, "Muzzle"

1 Comments:

At 7:58 PM , Blogger Tom Scudder said...

I know exactly what you mean by saying "And great lovers will one day have to part", and it sucks. Anyway, thanks for inspiring me to create my own blog, we should combine our blogging powers into one "superblog!"- More blog than you or your grandmother can handle! Keep up the excellent writing, looking forward to future posts!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home