Monday, May 24, 2004

Something unpredictable

Die Welt shaut rauf zu meinem Fenster
Mit mueden Augen ganz staubig und scheu.
Ich bin hier oben, auf meiner Wolke.
Ich sehe dich kommen aber du gehst vorbei.
Doch jetzt tut's nicht mehr weh,
Nee, jetzt tut's nicht mehr weh
Und alles bleibt stumm und kein Sturm kommt auf, wenn ich dich sehe.

Es ist vorbei. Bye-bye Junimond...

Zweitausend Stunden habe ich gewartet.
Ich habe sie alle gezaehlt und verflucht.
Ich habe getrunken, geraucht und gebetet.
Habe dich flussauf- und flussabwaerts gesucht.

- Echt, "Junimond"

You say you'd like a translation? Well...ok.
The world looks on into my window
With tired eyes, quite dusty and shy.
I'm up here on my cloud.
I see you coming, but you just go on by.
Still, it doesn't hurt anymore.
No, it doesn't hurt anymore
And everything stays calm and no storms come over me when I see you.

It's over. Bye-bye, June moon.

I've waited for two thousand hours.
I've counted and cursed them all.
I've drunken, smoked, and prayed.
I've searched for you up and down the riverside
.

A nice, melancholy, lonely song. Sounds familiar...

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM , Blogger Luke said...

Very nice stuff! My personal favourate for melancholy songs is Tom Waits- real rundown barroom stuff like innocent when you dream

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home