Monday, June 21, 2004

The love song of Elizabeth C. Petty

Here's a startling clip from my horoscope from this week:
"The Sun moves into Cancer on Monday, highlighting deep bonds, soul mate attraction, and also sex. ...Gradually a new awareness is creeping over you, and you are beginning to understand something of what the universe is trying to tell you. ..."

Hmmm...
Spent last weekend with Aaron -- probably no surprise there, right? I still haven't been able to find a way to describe anything about us. If anything, it's becoming harder and harder to do so. So I'd rather not discuss it. I'll leave it at this: He's my soulmate; I love him.

Graduation will finally be here this Saturday, June 26th. I've already begun to receive graduation cards in the mail from distant relatives. Even my great aunt Gloria from Long Island sent me one. It's been about 10 years since I last saw her.
Thursday is Baccalaureate. I'll be taking part in that as well. I can't wait to get my cap and gown. It's definitely going to be an interesting week.
I have work off all week this week -- just what am I going to do with myself? Hopefully I can go hiking on Friday with Aaron for the day -- I've been thinking perhaps a trip to Nine Corner Lake is in order.
I went to Savanna's after her graduation party last Saturday. I couldn't make it to her real one, so I decided to show up at her "friends" party. I brought Aaron, who kind of felt out of place, but talked with Gail and Kyle, who he knows from Rotary. We left after a short while -- I just wasn't feeling it for some reason. I love my friends and all, and I know how much they appreciate me, but sometimes they do things I'm just not too prone to doing when Aaron's around. It was like, here are two different worlds in which I am involved, and they weren't supposed to ever meet, but now they have, which brings awkwardness into the picture. So I did what I always do when situations like that come up: I ran away. Maybe it's better that way.
My parents have dropped Michael off in Pennsylvania for the start of his tour. Three weeks without him...now I really don't know what I'm to do with myself!
Aaron's begun the search for apartments near SU. It should be interesting to see how things play themselves out in the near future.
Tonight is my "last" piano recital of all time. Mrs. C's asked if I'd come play Rhapsody in Blue with Tom for the recital for her elementary school students. Of course I agreed. I'll be playing my Chopin Nocturne as well.
I was contacted today by a member of the Herkimer Evening Telegram regarding my exchange last year to Germany. Apparently my name was mentioned when he talked to Doug Richard, my Rotary club counselor, when the reporter asked if he could somehow get a perspective of someone who's been an exchange student. Interesting, how I was chosen. I hope to attend the picnic that Doug is holding in order to further promote the Rotary Youth Exchange program. If only Aaron could be there, too. In any case, it was an honor to take part in the interview. I'll be looking for the article soon. Perhaps I'll post some text clips from it here.

Until then, sleep well, America. I'm still searching for you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home