Friday, June 11, 2004

Turning and turning in the widening gyre...

I'm going to try to write something without incorporating something I stole from someone else. Simply authentic.
I got a perfect score at Guild yesterday. My piano teacher said that was the only time one of her students has gotten a perfect score at Guild. I'm astounded. I made plenty of mistakes this year. My teacher and my parents both agree that it was probably because the judge saw the "big picture" and the inflection with which I expressionately played, rather than noticing all the little (ok, there were a few big) mistakes. In case you're wondering, I played the Noctourne in C#m by Chopin and Arabesque no. 1 by Debussy. Dries will, perhaps, be proud of me. ;-)
Sunday couldn't come fast enough. It will mark the first week since Aaron and I had our "first date" and actually began the relationship that has flourished so much in such a short amount of time. Ironically enough, we will be meeting each other that evening for our "second date." It's simply indescribable. I've never felt this way before. It's just so different. Even my parents are excited. They avidly tell me to invite him to stay the weekend sometime, and that I should go visit him. Maybe they know something I don't...they haven't even complained that he's 3 years older than me and graduating from college this winter. It's kind of odd, but I'm not complaining myself. I'm rather enjoying this. If my parents don't have any problems with it, it must be healthy, because most of the time, when they complain about things, they end up going wrong after all. This is a good sign.
I'm happy. For the first time in a long time, I'm happy.

Work tonight. It shouldn't be too bad. I like working with everyone there -- it's more anonymous and yet more fun. I like having my work cut out for me and being more able to stay as far out of my boss' hair as possible. When we clash, things go wrong, normally for my end. I was so afraid that he'd blow up at me last night because I made a mistake. Luckily, I think I worded my argument well enough, because he didn't even yell at me. I was expecting to be fired or totally reamed out, but he passively corrected my mistake for me as if it was the most normal thing in the world. I'm wondering if he's been taking anger management classes...Still, just watch -- tomorrow he'll put me in the crappy section of the restaurant, like upstairs, so that I get almost no tables and have to wait around doing everyone else's "dirty" work all night. Even the cooks feel bad for me when that happens. I try my best, honestly. I guess I just suck at waitressing. That's why I'm a writer, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home