Wednesday, June 02, 2004

What is this "emo" you speak of?

What they call love is a risk, 'cause you'll always get hit out of nowhere by some wave and end up on your own.
- Brand New, "Play Crack the Sky"

You write such pretty words, but love's no storybook. Love's an excuse to get hurt and to hurt.
- Bright Eyes, "Lover I Don't Have to Love"

Now faith is replaced by a logic so cold. I disregarded what I was now that I'm older and I know much more than I did back then, but the more I learn, the more I can't understand...And I lie to myself and say, "It's for the best."
- Straylight Run, "It's For the Best"

So we bottled and shelved all our regrets, let them ferment, and came back to our senses, drove back home, slept a few days, woke up and laughed at how stupid we used to be.
- Straylight Run, "Mistakes We Knew We Were Making"

Why bother? It's gonna hurt me. It's gonna kill when you desert me. This happened to me twice before. It won't happen to me anymore.
- Weezer, "Why Bother?"

Forgive me for the totally emo moment. God I hate that word.
Two days 'til Prom, a few more until freedom. I'm still kind of confused about everything, just everything, where I'm going and whatnot, like where the future is taking me emotionally and mentally. Am I the kind of person I want to be? If I have to ask myself that question, then the answer is most likely, "no."
All these lines fall short of what I had in mind, a failed attempt to capsulize a feeling, so I'll just try and fail and try and try again and someday I swear I'm gonna get it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home