Monday, June 07, 2004

"Yeah, Rotary rules...I agree!"

This has to have been one of the most wonderful weekends of the year. I attended a great Rotary Orientation, my first one, in which I volunteered my time as part of the Rotex group. It was an amazing weekend in which I realized that it's true: The only people who really understand former exchange students and their experiences are other exchange students. I also met one of my *now* most favorite people, someone who mirrors me in more ways than I can even understand, which is kind of scary but at the same time exciting. I've never met anyone who is so much like me in so many different ways...it's exactly what I've been looking for for so long now, and I'm so happy about it. I looked back on it yesterday and just had to smile at the amazingly undescribable way in which things play themselves out and work themselves out in the end.
Saw Harry Potter yesterday and listened to some hardcore Pink Floyd. ;-)
Hands down, this is the best day I can ever remember. Always remember the sound of the stereo, dim of the soft lights, the scent of your hair that you twirled in your fingers and the time on the clock, when we realized it's so late, and this walk that we shared together. The streets were wet and the gate was locked, so I jumped it and I let you in, and you stood at your door with your hands on my waist, and you kissed me like you meant it, and I knew that you meant it...
- Dashboard Confessional, "Hands Down"

No more time to explain anything else. Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home