Monday, August 16, 2004

Are you in?

I spent the evening at Scud's at my first poker night. It proved quite interesting. I found out that I'm perfectly capable of losing $5 in the first 45 minutes of play. For the rest of the night I dealt cards and put up with a ruthless barrage of jokes against women and me in general. Sometimes I just don't feel like I fit in, and maybe I didn't. Hell, Joel was there. He sure does a good job of making me feel unwelcome. Whatever. I had a feeling things would turn out like that. But, all in all, it was a good time.
I think I'll call it a night at that. Olivier's still with us -- he's downstairs playing Halo with my brother. We still don't know how long he'll be with us -- at most until the 24th. He went to see a movie tonight...kind of like a date. At least he has something to do. I should have brought him to Tom's.
I'm feeling kind of lonely. I need a sort of companion, I think. Aaron didn't call me when he got to North Carolina, like he said he would. I hope he's ok. I just feel kind of alone right now, and it's kind of sad. Hell, I miss Eric too. He hasn't been around in awhile. And Brant...I haven't seen him all summer, pretty much.
Well, I think that'll be it. Good night.

1 Comments:

At 11:36 PM , Blogger Tom Scudder said...

hey babe, dont worry, youll get better at poker, you just gotta hone your skills a little...guys like girls with skills, nunchuck skills or computer hacking skills. youll have plenty o' time to get better in college

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home