Monday, August 23, 2004

Es wird viel passieren...

In case you're about to commit suicide or something because you can't figure out what the title of this post means, it's German for, "a lot will happen."
Well, it's true. I've been in the midst of packing for days now. On top of my excitement over going away to school (which takes place in T-minus 2.7 days), Olivier's being here, and the discovery of my fall semester schedule on the Internet, I'm also rushing to say goodbye to everyone before heading out. I hung out with Scudder for probably the last time in quite awhile yesterday. We went on a Barnes and Noble run -- always a good time. I'm gonna miss him. Today I went with Aunt Mo to the mall in Syracuse to do a little last-minute shopping. I got some SU memorabilia for hanging around the dorm (some 'Cuse shorts and a baseball tee), a cute "silver spoon" ring and a bra on clearance from American Eagle, some muchly-needed sneakers, and some books from Borders (Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk and All the President's Men by Carl Bernstein & Bob Woodward, to be exact). From Deb's I got this awesome tan faux-leather coat and a set of pjs.
Olivier leaves tomorrow. I probably won't be up to see him off. His plane leaves around 11:30, so that means he'll have to leave our house around 8. Not exactly my time to be up and about. Come to think of it, I'll probably be getting up around 7 to go off to school. No matter. I'll be too excited to sleep by then. It's been an interesting experience with him, though. I finally realized how my host families felt with me in their house.
Which brings me to my next topic: the growing possibility that I will be spending a month next summer back in Germany. I'm overjoyed. I've already started making plans.
Also along those lines, I've been receiving a lot more e-mail from the Vaterland lately. It's very much appreciated. My 4th host father recently sent me a nice, long e-mail, including pictures from the family's trip to Switzerland. He updated me on Rotary doings and what happened to the exchange students who were there after me. They pretty much screwed things up for that club, because this year they're only taking one girl from Canada. We'll see what happens there. Maybe she'll still be there when/if I end up going next summer.
Aaron's back from vacation in North Carolina. There's this kind of depressing casualness between us. I mean, I don't really mind it; it's friendly. Still, I've been kind of hoping for a spark in his voice of the old intimacy we once shared.
As I look over my room, the room I've slept in and spent a large amount of time in for the past 17 years of my life, I see a big clutter of bags and suitcases. Oh, will the monotony never end?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home