Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I don't know what tomorrow brings

Thursday's the day. I think of today now as Wednesday, so basically, tomorrow I'll stop being a freeloading high school graduate and start really being a student at Syracuse University. Tomorrow night I'll be packing up my laptop for the first time in its new case.
I turned in my Baby Boomer's shirts and apron. I won't be coming back. I talked for awhile with my best friend at work, Crystal. She'll be leaving too, so I probably won't be missing much at the restaurant.
Everyone else is gone to school, pretty much except for me. I look at their away messages and see things involving school, such as, "Class," or, "Meeting with my advisor," or, "Eating dinner with the girls." I wish I was leaving Wednesday instead.
Thursday morning I'll be getting up quite early, probably around 6 a.m., so that we can pack everything and head out around 7:30, so that we can get there and stand in line forever to get checked in to my residence hall. The earlier we go, maybe the shorter the line will be. I just hope it doesn't end up being like a concert ticket sale, where people camp outside the building, waiting for it to open and to get first dibs on tickets when they first go on sale.
I've been reading Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. Yes, the movie was made from the book, and no, I can't tell which is better. They're equally good in my opinion. The movie, however, leaves out some stuff in the book, and it also switches some stuff around. In the two days I've had the book, I've read about 75% of it. Maybe I'll finish tonight. There doesn't seem to be anything better to do, since everyone's gone. My time will come.

I don't know what tomorrow brings.
It's alive with such possibility...

So, thank you, friends, for the time we shared.
My love stays with you like sunlight and air.
How I truly wish I could keep hanging around here.
My joy is covering me. Soon I will disappear...

- Bright Eyes, "Method Acting"


1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM , Blogger Dries said...

Hey! College is pretty cool. At least, that is to say, I like it.... so far.
Best of luck at Syracuse!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home