Friday, August 06, 2004

The seeing of the greatest few

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony. - Morpheus, The Matrix

That seems to be the theme for the week. Just as soon as I've found something wonderful, it's taken away from me, just as I'm beginning to realize how wonderful it really is. I don't know if I'll survive. Only the anticipation of college gets me through these last summer days, and even that hope is waning as the days approach and become somehow less real.
I saw Kate, my mentoree, at the airport as she left for a year in Switzerland. She left from the same area as I did two years ago. I saw a lot of me in her eyes today, except for the fact that her eyes were filled with tears. Mine weren't and hadn't been two years ago. Of course, all her friends had come to see her off as well. None of mine cared to show up, but then again, Syracuse is pretty far for the common Herkimer man (or woman, of course). She's going to have a wonderful time. I'm genuinely happy for all the new exchange students, some of whom I've known for quite a few years, others I've just begun to get to know.
Watch The Notebook. Seriously. You'll cry, like I did, if you have any amount of sensitivity buried within your bones. When I watched it with Aaron, all I could think about was the two of us. I can't even explain it. I don't know what's going on anymore. I'm at a point in my life where I have to make a big decision, and I'm confused. Whenever the subject of total commitment has come up in any relationship, I've kind of shied away from it. Now I'm close to freaking out. All this on our two-month anniversary. Yay, us...I suppose the question really is, Can I make it? Will we survive? I really hope the answer to both questions is, "Yes."

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was taking care of your dog! i woulda been there! but then where would little maggie be.... hmmmm...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home