Thursday, October 28, 2004

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow

I'm coming home this weekend. I was told I have to stay an extra day as opposed to the expected Friday to Saturday, because my grandparents are coming for dinner Saturday night. That same night, there's a Halloween marching band party that I wanted to go to with Randy. It's not that I don't want to see my grandparents -- in fact, they're one of the reasons I can attend SU, and I'm forever indebted to them and love them to death, it's just...oh well. There will be other parties. Perhaps even tonight, on Thirsty Thursday...
I'm about halfway packed for my journey home. Sure, I only live an hour away from home, but I still require a little bit of preparation before heading out.
Today was actually a lot less stressful than I had originally thought it would be. I finished my story for the DO about chancellor Cantor's inauguration on Nov. 5th a lot earlier than I thought I would. I had expected to still be working on it by now. Luckily for me, I was extra ambitious this time and talked to sources yesterday as well as today. Reading All the President's Men kind of helps me get into that journalistic mood, too.
I had an oral midterm for German today. I got an A-. I'm sure I probably could have done better answering the questions, but I was pretty happy with the fluidity with which I spoke. It had been awhile since I last actually carried on a conversation in German.
Today was chinese day at the dining hall. I always get excited when it's chinese day. ;-P I've been drinking a lot more cappucino lately, if you can call that french vanilla stuff they have cappucino. I'll have to go to Starbucks and use my gift certificates I got from COM 100 to see what "real" cappucino's like. Randy and I used part of one of the gift certificates last Saturday when we went to Starbucks together. Maybe someday I'll learn to enjoy coffee -- though I doubt it.
I moved my room around -- now my bed's up against window and my desk is where the bed used to be. Randy helped me. I should actually say that he moved my room around, and I helped. It actually looks a lot nicer, though I kind of miss the way it used to be. I'll get used to it. I never was one to adapt quickly or well to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home