Sunday, October 24, 2004

A threefold Utopian dream

Welllll I'm back by popular demand.
I've been thinking about it lately, and I've decided I should add some sort of disclaimer with the picture in the previous entry. IT WAS A JOKE. By no means am I that...promiscuous. 'Nuff said.
I interrupted my reading for COM (about Jayson Blair -- it's a bunch of copied articles from various news media basically saying the same thing about the incident) to go see the SUMB (that is, the Syracuse University Marching Band -- everything around here is abbreviated like that) play at the NYS Field Band Competition, which has been going on all day today. I got to see some of the competing high school bands before them. They're so amazing. It brought back memories of when I marched with the Mohawk Marching Mohicans 5 years ago today. Good times. That's what really got me in with my friends at Mohawk in the first place, I think.
I'm going home next weekend, mainly because I need a haircut and to go to WalMart to buy underwear and socks and whatnot. It's also a good time to see my family and stuff. It sucks though, because I can't even sleep on my own bed. Hopefully I'll be able to get back in time for this Halloween party that the marching band is supposedly putting on, that I'm hoping Randy can get me into, if he doesn't mind having me along. ;-P
I had an awesome night last night. I basically spent the day with Randy and met a bunch of his trumpet playing friends from SUMB. We all hung out on Law 2 and played pool -- I won the 9-ball tournament. ;-D Then we went to Kimmel for some eats and hung out. Good times. Definitely good times. It reminded me a lot of hanging out with my friends back home, only these guys are...different, somehow. Maybe it's just because it's college. Who knows.
Randy and I are thinking of doing a duet together on trumpet and piano just for fun. Hopefully John can get us into Crouse...
I suggest that everyone get the new Straylight Run album, which came out on the 12th. I finally got my (promo) copy yesterday. The rerecorded original demos from their website sounded a little disappointing -- I thought the original ones had so much more emotion behind them (the new ones came off to me as being a bit...bland) -- but overall it's a great album by a band I've been a fan of ever since they started. If you like emo, you'll like (and probably already know of) this band. Even if you don't like emo, you'll like this band. I'm not a fan of emo myself, so I wouldn't call them an "emo" band -- more indie.
At any rate, I have to get back to my reading if I want to have this done for COM tomorrow. Ah, college, where distraction abounds.

To see you when I wake up is a gift
I didn't think could be real.
To know that you feel the same as I do
Is a threefold Utopian dream.

You do something to me
That I can't explain.
So would I be out of line
If I said, "I miss you"?

I see your picture, I smell your skin
On the empty pillow next to mine...

But I need you to know
That I care and I miss you.


- Incubus, "I Miss You"

(The acoustic version is adorable.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home