Saturday, December 11, 2004

The blower's daughter

Man...I'll admit, I've finally fallen madly in love -- with Damien Rice.
And so it is,
Just like you said it would be.
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time.
And so it is,
The shorter story;
No love, no glory,
No hero in her sky.

I can't take my eyes off of you...

And so it is,
Just like you said it should be.
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time.
And so it is,
The colder water,
The blower's daughter,
The pupil in denial.

I can't take my eyes off of you...

Did I say I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?

I can't take my mind off of you...
'Til I find somebody new.

- Damien Rice, "The Blower's Daughter"

(Happy 19th Birthday to me tomorrow!)
My first final (COM 107) is over and done with at last. I stayed up half the night last night studying for it and was forced to miss a band party at 829, as well as a DO party at 715 Livingston. *sigh* Lord knows what I'll do tonight to pass the time between now and that magical hour of noon, when my family comes to whisk me away to Coleman's Irish Pub (Jeremy helped me pick it out) and lavish my grandfather and me with presents. :-D New cell phone/plan?
Nevertheless, the final was very easy -- a lot easier than I'd thought it would be. A lot of people were like, "Why are you taking a final on a Saturday morning?!" The reason is because I have another final that coincides with the real final, so I had to take it on the "early" date. Therefore, I spent my Friday night studying, while the rest of SU reveled in Last-Day-of-Classes bliss.
On Monday I'll probably have my interview at the DO for the position of assistant editor. I just hope I don't end up in copy, because that would suck. I'd never sleep. Ever again.
Did I say I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?
I can't get those lines off my mind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home