Friday, December 24, 2004

A deep-sworn vow

"I don't get many things right the first time. In fact, I am told that a lot. Now I know all the wrong turns and stumbles and falls brought me here."
- Ben Folds, "The Luckiest"

"So this is odd, the painful realization that all is gone wrong..."
- Dashboard Confessional, "The Brilliant Dance"

"Please forgive me if I act a little strange, for I know not what I do. It feels like lightning through my veins every time I look at you. Help me out here; all my words are falling short, and there's so much I want to say. I want to tell you just how good it feels when you look at me that way."
- David Gray, "Please Forgive Me"

"Everything is quiet since you're not around. I live in the numbness now in the background. I do the things we did before...The plans I make still have you in them 'cause you come swimming into view. And I'm hanging on your words like I always used to do, the words we used so lightly: 'I only feel for you.' I only know because I carry you around in the background...I felt you long after we were through..."
- Third Eye Blind, "The Background"

"And there's this burning just like there's always been. I've never been so alone and I've never been so alive."
- Third Eye Blind, "Motorcycle Drive By"

"And so it is, just like you said it would be. Life goes easy on me most of the time. And so it is, the shorter story; no love, no glory, no hero in her sky. I can't take my eyes off of you...until I find somebody new."
- Damien Rice, "The Blower's Daughter"

"Some things in life may change, and some things, they stay the same, like time. There's always time on my mind. So pass me by. I'll be fine. Just give me time."
- Damien Rice, "Older Chests"

"I'm taking a chance on the wind. I'm packing up all my bags. Making a mistake I'm going to make, then I'm glory bound."
- Martin Sexton, "Glory Bound"

"But things just get so crazy, living life gets hard to do. And I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew that someday it would lead me back to you...Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm; changing weather, still together when it ends...Sunday morning rain is falling and I'm calling out to you, singing someday it'll bring me back to you. Find a way to bring myself home to you."
- Maroon 5, "Sunday Morning"

"I never believed that things they happen for a reason and they never go as planned...Time, it passes and it tells us what we're left with. We become the things we do. Me, I'm a fool spent from defiance. Yeah, you got me, but I didn't give up on you...And it's not easy being me, but I can't promise I will mend or bend when you believe that we are fixed now from our birth. And I've just fallen back to earth. Still, you know I'll try again, 'cause I believe that we are lucky; we are golden, we are stolen manners in the days when we were one. So when I see you, despite all that we've become, I'm still blinded, but I'm still staring down the sun. When I see you, I'm blinded."
- Third Eye Blind, "Blinded"

"So I look to my Eskimo friend when I'm down..."
- Damien Rice, "Eskimo"

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM , Blogger Dief said...

damn girl....you dont sound too good. : ( hope your holidays are relaxing and revitalizing...miss you.

dont get so down!

"i get knocked down, but i get up again...lalalalal"

there ya go! hahahaha its not deep, but it works.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home