Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I am the luckiest...

...because Ben Folds is coming to SU on January 29th!!! Read it and weep, fellas! I'll probably be going with Alex, my new, fellow-newspaper-major best friend, hehe. He and I have been talking online recently, and I've noticed that we have more in common than anyone else I've ever met. Amazing.
I can't wait until I go back to school. There's so much I can do there that I can't do here. I miss all my friends terribly. I just feel like I'm at this standstill and there's nowhere to go and nothing to do -- like I've put my life on pause for a moment -- and I want so badly to press play again. Besides, you're looking at the DO news desk's newest assistant copy editor -- and I'm ready and rarin' to start making some hard-earned money! Yes, that's right -- I am a working woman, for a newspaper, nonetheless. Who woulda thunk?! It's going to be an awesome semester -- excruciatingly tiring, but awesome, nonetheless. I'm ecstatic, and excited about all the potential this new semester carries. New classes, new friends (and old ones, of course!), new parties, new jobs, new chances to fall in love and become even closer to my awesome group of pals...a new year. Amazing how much potential is held in all that possibility.
Alex's latest livejournal entry made me realize that I haven't posted my grades for last semester yet. Therefore, I shall follow his example and post my own, since they're all up.
MAT 221: A-
COM 107: B
BIO 121: B
GER 300: A
GPA: 3.385
Not bad. I was expecting the B in biology -- science has never been my thing, especially a science with lab. At least I got it out of the way. I was, however, surprised about my math grade. I'm also glad to have gotten that class over with, as well. I love math, but not when that math happens to be statistics. I was very happy about my German grade -- it was expected, but I was still very happy to see it. That class was simply awesome, and, literally, enlightening. I absolutely loved it. I'll have to sign up for another class with Prof. McCort next year, being as I need two more language requirements. I'll probably need to fulfill even more later on when I declare my minor (which will be German).
My COM 107 grade was absolutely devastating. It's for my major, my first Newhouse course, and I did hopelessly terribly. It was probably because of that C- on the first exam, and all those bad grades I probably got on the current events quizzes. Also, the TA was a horrible and extremely tough grader. Oh well. Hopefully my graphics course next semester will be better. I'm really excited about News 205 next year.
I have a mall craving. I've wanted to go to Carousel with Aunt Mo for a couple weeks now, but she's been sick. Hopefully soon she'll be better so we can go. I've had this urge to buy guys' boxers -- they'd be pretty hot to sleep in with a nice tank top. Hmm...
Trevor might come visit me this weekend after the SU basketball game he's going to play at! I'm excited -- I hope everything works out. That'd be fun. Even one small visit from one of my friends from SU will give me hope that it won't be long before I get to go back. I suppose such are the thoughts of many of my freshmen colleagues. *sigh* To be stereotyped...oh well. One more credit and I'd have sophomore standing!
If you haven't already, I suggest downloading or buying the new Green Day album, American Idiot. It isn't bad for Green Day. I'm not a big Green Day fan myself, but I was pretty impressed. You wannabe punks are going to yell at me now, aren't you? Well, sorry, I'm not a punk anyway, much less a wannabe one, so bleh. ;-P Most of you know I have very picky (and elite) taste. I'm still looking for and dreaming of the new Led Zeppelin, the Utopia band that will never be again...*sigh* Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home