Thursday, May 12, 2005

I'm coming home...

I was born in a small town,
And I live in a small town,
Probably die in a small town.
Oh, those small communities.

All my friends are so small town.
My parents live in the same small town.
My job is so small town --
Provides little opportunity.

Educated in a small town,
Taught to fear Jesus in a small town;
Used to daydream in that small town;
Another boring romantic, that's me.

But I've seen it all in a small town.
Had myself a ball in a small town.
Married an LA doll and brought her to this small town.
Now she's small town just like me.

No, I cannot forget where it is I come from.
I cannot forget the people who love me.
Yeah, I can be myself here in this small town,
And people let me be just what I want to be.

Got nothing against a big town.
Still hayseed enough to say,
"Look who's in the big town."
But my bed is in a small town,
Oh, and that's good enough for me.

Well I was born in a small town,
And I can breathe in a small town.
Gonna die in this small town,
And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me.

-- John Mellencamp, "Small Town"

Yeah, I'm home again. Nine days until Germany.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home