Monday, July 18, 2005

So I look to my Eskimo friend

Wow. You have no idea how much this means for me.
I remember it well,
The first time that I saw
Your head 'round the door,
'Cause mine stopped working.

I remember it well.
There was wet in your hair.
I was stood in stare
And time stopped moving.

Want you here tonight, want you here,
'Cause I can't believe what I found.
Want you here tonight, want you here.
Nothing is taking me down, down, down.

I remember it well--
Taxied out of a storm
To watch you perform,
And my ships were sailing.

I remember it well.
I was stood in your line,
And your mouth, your mouth, your mouth...

Want you here tonight, want you here,
'Cause I can't believe what I found.
Want you here tonight, want you here.
Nothing is taking me down, down, down...

...Except you, my love.

-- Damien Rice, "I Remember" (first half)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home