Monday, August 22, 2005

And so it is...

WOW! I'm back! It's been a great couple of days so far. I'm staying at Dana's until tomorrow, because I'm not allowed to move in to Southness until then. My parents are coming at 10 a.m. so we can get started unpacking and everything. We'll see how that ends up working out, since I have a meeting at the D.O. at 11.
Things have been crazy here at the office; we've been working a lot on the house, moving the offices around, painting, moving in new chairs, and, of course, drinking a lot of beer at night. Oh, let the good times continue. I can't wait to meet the new writers and get accustomed to my new staff, which hasn't shown up yet.
I already have two stories for the first issue; this should be interesting. Hopefully I don't freak out and have a breakdown in the next few days; there's going to be so much going on, and the kickoff takes place tomorrow when I move in. I'm hoping to do some cooking tomorrow evening.
In a couple of days, the Southness crew will be back, and then the real fun can begin. I can't wait to see them all again.
I don't think I've eaten out more in the past few days ever. This comes because my meal plan hasn't been activated yet (hopefully that will change tomorrow, but I'm not entirely sure), so I've had to live off of Jimmy John's and Starbucks, which isn't half bad at all, really.
I've also been helping Scott decorate his room, which actually looks really good. Hopefully my room will be equally tripped out tomorrow. I plan on devoting all day to moving in and getting everything settled; I can ride my bike to and from South Campus until the regular bus routes resume or the weather gets colder. I don't mind biking at all; it's walking that almost killed me yesterday, when I marched to Goldstein to try to convince Housing to let me in early. No luck. I almost cried, considering I'd walked about two miles from North to South Campus for nothing. All I could do was walk back. Housing is a joke. They let other D.O.ers in early, so why can't I get in too? Ugh...
Nevertheless, life is good. It's a lot better than rotting away in Herkimer. I feel like I'm home, as do the rest of us. It's great to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home