Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I'd rather be your cocoon

It's the middle of the second week of classes. Thank God for Labor Day! I don't know if I would have survived. I'm just getting back into work-mode, where I hardly have free time for anything. I'm vaguely beginning to remember what it feels like to yearn every weekday for the weekend, where I at least have a moment's peace. Well, this is the type of schedule I work best in, right?
I thought my ETS 115 class was going to be crazy and obscure, but it's kind of becoming clearer to me each time I attend. We're reading Utopia. I think I read parts of the second book freshman year of high school.
As for newswriting, I think I have the potential to be one of the best in the class; however, it's difficult to conform to the professor's style of newswriting after writing D.O. style for the past year.
Today should be a busy day: I just got out of class an hour ago, and tonight I have head eds at 5:30 p.m., followed by dinner at Shaw with some of my D.O. co-workers, after which I'll head back to the office to start work ... I'm editor-on tonight. I'll probably end up ordering a Jimmy John's party platter. Everyone always likes those.
As for my job, it's going quite well. It's still kind of crazy with the new staff, design and office locations. I miss a lot of the old editors from last year. The dynamic was amazing. Not that it isn't now, though. The D.O. is, like many have said, like a fraternity, only instead of paying for your friends, you get paid to hang out with them each night.
And, for those who don't yet know: Scott and I are "official." Even Facebook says so. ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home