Saturday, October 15, 2005

Once again, I'm bouncing 'round the room

Well, I have nothing better to do, and it's a wonderful, sunny day out, so I figured I might as well update -- as if there's anything to tell, really.
D.O. Palooza was today -- I got up at 8 a.m. to hear alumni talk about the state of journalism and The Daily Orange. It was interesting to see some of the D.O. alum, but overall, it wasn't too interesting. I feel like everyone is focusing on reporting, and I as a copy editor kind of fall by the wayside. I suppose that's how it is, though; copy editing isn't exactly the most glamorous part of journalism, yet it's my favorite part.
I feel good though, having gotten up earlier. I woke up to a text message Jake had sent me at 3:36 a.m. At D.O. Palooza, Kim told me Adam was definitely going to try to get Umphrey's McGee to come to Syracuse. I'm so excited. I've been trying to get this to work for a couple of weeks now. I asked Jake if he might want to think about bringing the band. We'll see what happens. If this works out, it'll probably be the best night of my life for sure.
Thank God for the weekend. It's odd, though -- I don't seem to be as busy as I was before, when classes began. Maybe I've just eased back into the routine of things and don't feel so stressed, even though the workload is the same and I just don't notice it. Maybe the workload really has eased up.
I've been a downloading machine lately; I'm afraid my hard drive will fill up and I won't have any space left. This is why I need an iPod ... I was so close to buying one on eBay yesterday -- I just signed up on the Web site and got myself a PayPal account. Now that the new video iPods are out, the 20 gig one I've been wanting has gone out of style, so they're being sold like crazy now on eBay for super cheap. Hopefully I can get a good deal.
Time to check my mailbox. I'm expecting a Bret Easton Ellis book ("The Rules of Attraction," which I'm now almost done reading using Scott's copy) and the new Umphrey's McGee DVD, which Speens told me will be a bad version, because apparently they screwed up the audio on all the DVDs. Hopefully I get a free copy of the fixed version, since they're sending them out to all the people who pre-ordered the screwed-up ones off the Umphrey's Web site. I got mine from amazon.com. I'm hoping they give me a voucher or something.







... laid back ... (with my mind on my money and my money on my mind) ... biotch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home