Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta

Believe it or not, I'm kind of looking forward to coming home this weekend. Mom's coming to pick me up at 11 a.m. on Friday. At 2 p.m., I have an appointment at the hairdresser for a much-needed haircut. I also have to find time at some point to deposit all the checks from The D.O. I've accumulated over the past eight weeks. Perhaps I'll sneak in a visit to some of my brother's classes ... probably not. No matter. I don't want to conform to too much of a schedule while at home. I just need to relax in the cosy, quiet town where nothing (too) unusual ever happens. At least this time I'll be able to come home to my own bed and my own room instead of having to share a house with a stranger and sleep on the pull-out couch or ride my bike to Aunt Mo's each night.
Nonetheless, Mom's trying to get the family down for dinner on Friday, which I also look forward to. I haven't seen my family in awhile. It'll be good to catch up and just not have to worry about all the stuff that's going on here.
It's only Tuesday, and already I'm feeling stressed. Maybe it's just because the past two days I've been running nonstop from one thing to the next. Class, homework, work -- I hardly have time to eat a decent meal. As it is, I only eat one meal during the day and then pup food at the office at night, at least during the week. Weekends I can be more regular with my meal scheduling. It's just hard when you're always on the go like I am. That's why I'm looking forward to at least a weekend of peace and quiet and no responsibility. Is that too much to ask?
I'm also looking forward to going out to Phoebe's with Scott on Thursday. He asked me last week if I wanted to go there for lunch, but then plans changed and it never worked out. I got those special butterfly feelings in my chest and stomach when he asked me. "A date! He's asking me on a date!" my brain exclaimed. I'm glad it's finally happening (provided all goes well).
I'm kind of glad virtually no one else will be home this weekend, as far as I know. I like and miss my friends from home and all, but I just feel like I need to be at home with my family and without a schedule this weekend. Just peace and quiet, with nothing to bog me down. I'll "live by my wits," as Dad would say. Whatever comes up, I'll do, but I won't be tied down to a specific timetable.






I can't believe it's November already ...

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM , Blogger David said...

"home with family" always sounds like a good idea. I love it when either of my boys comes home from college.
Have a great relaxing visit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home