Sunday, November 13, 2005

I'm living just to watch your fire, darling

I can't wait until this next week is over. I have a story for NEW 205 that I've been working on for the past week, and I just want it to be done. I haven't freaked out yet, and hopefully I won't have to. That's good. I just can't wait until this week is done.
Friday's the O.A.R. concert. I feel like every time I try to have fun or relax when I have a story, I'm letting time slip by that I could be using for work. Maybe that's a good thing; I don't know. I'm hoping it's not. Everyone needs a little time to relax, right? I wish I had more. It seems like the only time I really get to relax and not think about work is during longer vacations (i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas break), when I'd rather be with people I can't be with while at home.
I've been thinking about the Peace Corps lately. I'd be very interested in doing it, if only it weren't for the 27-month time committment. One year would be OK, but two? It seems like a very long time. Still, I'm sure it'd look great on a resume, and I'd love to help people in Third World countries, perhaps in the Caribbean or an African country. After doing a bit of research, I found out that the only thing I could really qualify for is teaching English to elementary and high school students. For everything else, you need either an undergraduate/master's degree in the field or a shitload of experience. Still, it's something worth considering.

Just want this story to be over with ... five more days ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home