Saturday, November 19, 2005

The only light I ever see is the stars

At last, story equals done. There's only one problem: I only have four sources instead of the required five, so I'm kind of stressing out about my grade. I'm still not too comfortable with how it came out either. At least I have a little more time to perfect and hone it for the D.O.
I can't wait to go home for Thanksgiving. Well, I won't really be going home. I'll be home for about two days, then we're going off to Nana's. I always enjoyed Thanksgiving in Buffalo. It's always more homey, and there at least I can relax.
On top of the new camp, my parents made another large purchase this week: a new car. It's not entirely new (a 2002 Ford Focus), but it's still a big purchase and came as a big surprise to me when I called Mom and found out. Apparently the Sable took a turn for the worse and the engine blew, so they scrapped it, which saddens me a bit, because I always loved that car, and hoped it would be mine someday. Dad was thinking about giving it to me, but decided not to because it wouldn't pass inspection and I'd probably have to pay a lot of money to get it up to inspection par. Still, I kind of wish they'd given it to me ... So close to getting a car, and yet so far. I really hope I get that Observer-Dispatch internship ...
Apropros internships: They've kind of fallen by the wayside in my mind lately, what with all these other pressing matters at hand, i.e. registering for spring classes, Thanksgiving, my now-finished story, etc. Most of those applications aren't due for another two months or so, and I've already taken care of most of the application necessities. All that's left to do is put it all together and mail it out. I'll probably do that over Winter Break.
The O.A.R. concert last night was all right. Oddly enough, as soon as we walked into the OnCenter, I suddenly felt very depressed. This numb feeling continued throughout the duration of the concert. I just didn't feel anything at all, and if I did feel something, it was depression. I can't really explain it or where it came from; I can only guess it was hormones or a combination of that and the nonexistent amounts of sleep I'd gotten this past week. At any rate, I felt worlds better after sleeping for about 10 to 11 hours last night.
I've applied for managing editor at The D.O. A lot of people seem to think I have a chance. I'm glad I have their support, but sometimes I doubt my own credentials. However, I figure I have nothing to lose. If I don't get it, I can always re-apply for copy editor. That was the original plan, anyway.
I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with myself this coming Monday evening; we're not coming out with a paper next week. I have to go on Sunday to help Sports put out a special issue, but that shouldn't take too long. At least I get paid. But what to do Monday night? I suppose I'll find out what it's like to be everyone else on campus who isn't a slave for the D.O. at last. I won't know what to do with myself once I "retire" around senior year -- except maybe spend all my time at the bar.

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry you weren't up for O.A.R.!!! i thought it was freakin' sweet and i've considered dropping out and becoming a groupie haha. jimmy and i were looking for you, but alas, lots of people were there. good luck with the rest of the semester and have a happy thanksgiving! tell maggie i said hiii heheh :)

-bethany

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home