Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm outside of your window with my radio

Three more days until the anchor drops ... that is, until the craziness of Speens' and my trip to Sayreville, N.J. begins. Here's how it's going to work:
Step 1: Speens arrives in Sryacuse, N.Y. on Feb. 17. I call Jake to make sure there's room for us on the list.
Step 2: We proceed to get shitty.
Step 3: The next morning, Speens and I board a Greyhound bus to New York City.
Step 4: Wormann meets us in the city, along with Dino (and maybe Jay). We engage in a glorious DMBtabs reunion, and Wormann drives us to East Brunswick, N.J., where we check into the Comfort Inn and deposit our unwanted belongings.
Step 5: We drive to the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, N.J., right next to East Brunswick, where the Umphrey's show will take place.
Step 6: Doors for the show open precisely at 7:30 p.m.
Step 7: Show begins at 8 p.m. We all proceed to rock out and get even shittier than the night before.
Step 8: We meet up with Jake and the rest of Umphrey's backstage and, as Jake told me on the phone, "Have a beer, hang out and talk music."
Step 9 (optional): We return to the hotel and get some sleep.
Alternate step 9: We hang out with the band all night, realize, "Oh shit, we have to be at Penn Station by 11 a.m." and rush to the hotel to grab our things and get to the bus on time.
Step 10: Speens and I take our leave of the DMBtabs dudes and head back to 'Cuse.
Step 11: I go to work and Speens stays another night on my couch, dumbfounded at what just happened.

Until then, I have a shitload of work to get done, including a five-page paper, a news story and a short story. Mom and Aunt Mo are coming tomorrow, and we're going out to lunch. I still have to look up a good place to eat at.

Valentine's Day was delightful, but, believe it or not, the best is yet to come. I even got flowers. Apparently I'm in high demand this year. Go figure. I still don't know why or how.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM , Anonymous Speens said...

The hotel is optional huh? I wish you would have told me that BEFORE I reserved a room! lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home