Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'd know what to do if I just knew what's coming

In a matter of days, I'll be back home again. It's always hard to imagine life at home when I'm at school, away from the culture, fast-paced lifestyle and people here. Then again, when I'm home, it's vice versa. I live two different lives: one at home, one at school, and it's hard to reconcile them both sometimes, because both tend to clash very often as far as ideals and values go.

I envy those who are going to exotic places. You always hear people asking each other, "So where are you going for spring break?" and the other always answers, "Well, I've been there about five times before, but I'm going to Cancun again." Too bad I've never ever been to Cancun, let alone an exotic area in my life. Mom says she always stayed home during her spring breaks and was jealous of her friends, but she ended up saving lots of money in the long run. Unfortunately for her, to me it's not about the money; it's about the times you spend with your friends. "At least I didn't get so drunk I didn't remember my spring break vacation anyway," Mom wrote to me the other day. Whatever. Sometimes you'd rather forget the things you did on spring break. At any rate, it'll be good, as always, to get away and take a break from the fast pace of life here. I need this. I'm getting sick of not being able to just stop and enjoy my surroundings, to even have to complain of boredom now and then, to have time to cook, to reflect.

Got my package from The Buffalo News. There will be two guys working with me at the copy desk, one from Wheaton College in Illinois and one from State University of New York at Buffalo. Needless to say, Scott isn't too pleased. Oh well. It's going to be an interesting summer.

I'm developing a soar throat. Every morning I wake up, it seems to get slightly worse. I just drank some tea and ate some hot minestrone, so with hope, it'll subside at least for awhile. I have two more interviews to do tonight, and then I'll be done reporting for my latest NEW 305 story. You probably wouldn't be interested in what it's about; to be frank, I'm not so sure how I'll be able to make this story utterly compelling. We'll see. I've been doing well in class so far. I'm hoping for an A.

Speaking of A's, I got a B+/A- on my five-page European history paper on the Industrial Revolution. I'm pleased. I'm hoping for an A in that class too, as well as in my fiction writing class, German and human sex. All A's ... that would be something.

1 Comments:

At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Jordan said...

Wheaton College = hella gay

you can tell your co worker I said so

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home