Saturday, May 20, 2006

For all of time

In less than a week I'll move to Buffalo. I'm excited -- I'll be on my own for real this time ... well, maybe not. I'll have people I know around me. I'll be living alone, but I sure won't be lonely.

And on the other end of the country ... surprisingly, I'm not too depressed. Of course I'll miss him -- I won't see him that much for at least the next two years. But we're both heading in different directions for awhile, so I don't really think there's much we can really do. Ties will still be kept strong. I'm happy with that. There will be time later on to renew things and go from there. I have my life ahead of me, not just the next two years.
So lately, been wondering
Who will be there to take my place.
When I'm gone, you'll need love
To light the shadows on your face.
If a great wave shall fall
And fall upon us all,
In between the sand and stone,
Could you make it on your own?

If I could, then I would.
I'll go wherever you will go,
Way up high or down low.
I'll go wherever you will go.

And maybe I'll find out
A way to make it back someday
To watch you, to guide you
Through the darkest of your days.
If a great wave shall fall,
And fall upon us all,
Then I hope there's someone out there
Who can bring me back to you.

Run away with my heart.
Run away with my hope.
Run away with my love.

I know now just quite how
My life and love might still go on:
In your heart, in your mind,
I'll stay with you for all of time.

If I could turn back time,
I'll go wherever you will go.
If I could make you mine,
I'll go wherever you will go.

- The Calling, "Wherever You Will Go"

1 Comments:

At 11:54 PM , Blogger Dief said...

wow, good stuff. I like it. I feel the same way, perhaps under different circumstances, but I really like the way you look at life. Very hopeful, very optimistic, very encouraging. you sound like you are doing great. keep in touch, sorry its been so long for me. i havent kept up with my blog, but i see you have, well done. perhaps i will start that again, there is something freeing about writing in this blog, haha (and feeing wasnt the word i was looking for, but it works, haha). well, you take care, and keep up the faith.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home