Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I am a true Italian ...

... because I have a cappuccino for breakfast every morning.

Ethan and I are planning a trip to Toronto for next week. Now this trip is mainly because we're 19 and 20, of legal age to go to bars in Canada. Besides, we've never been there before and would like to see the sights, and it's only 90 minutes away from Buffalo. It's a perfect opportunity, since I won't start work until June 5 and he has days off, so we'd otherwise just be hanging out with nothing else to do. Road trip! We'll be staying there from May 31 to June 1; we've already chosen a hotel on the outskirts of the city. I've picked out some interesting-looking bars I found on the Internet that we'll be visiting. What a trip it will be.

Also planned for later on in the summer is a July 22 Goo Goo Dolls/Counting Crows concert at Darien Lake. Now that's going to be the show of the summer, especially since every other act I've seen coming around here this summer is below par. Most likely there'll be several trips to Thursdays in the Square for some of those free shows. Last year I went to visit Scott and we attended one of those to see Howie Day. Hey, a free concert -- how could I resist?

On Friday Dad and I head out to Buffalo in the wee hours of the morning for my drug test. Yes, I'm pretty confident I'll pass. That night we'll stay at Nana's, and on Saturday my apartment should be ready by 1 p.m., which frustrated my father a little because my family is going to our camp for the weekend, which means he won't get there until later. (He was hoping to have me moved in by 9 or 10 a.m. -- oh well.)

Tonight on the dinner menu: fried chicken thighs, biscuits and stir-fry vegetables, probably with a gravy-like sauce made from the chicken juices and white wine. For me? I'm not sure yet -- something meatless, of course. Probably a salad. I've been cooking every night I've been home. There's something about making something that I know will please others that makes me feel good -- not to mention my mom loves it because it gives her more time to herself, something I don't think she often gets to enjoy. Food is the one thing I've found that makes me most happy. The feeling I get from making something both I and others can enjoy is just amazing -- it's impossible to describe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home