Friday, June 02, 2006

Well I don't know what I'm looking for

Well I don't know what I'm living for,
but I know that I just want to live some more.
And you hear it from strangers and you hear it from friends
that love never dies; love never ends.
Now I don't want to argue; no, I don't want to fight,
'cause you're always wrong and I'm always right.
Well I don't know what I'm living for,
but I know that I just want to live some more.

I used to be involved, and I felt like a king.
Now I've lost it all and I don't feel a thing.
I may never grow old; I may never give in,
and I'll blame this world that I'm living in.
I visit hell on a daily basis.
I see the sadness on all your faces.
I've got friends who have married and their lives seem complete.
Here I am still stumbling down a darkened street.

And I act like a child and I'm insecure,
and I'm filled with doubt and I'm immature.
Sometimes it creeps up on me
and before I know it, I'm lost at sea.
But no matter how far I row,
I always find my way back home.
But I don't know what I've been waiting for,
but I know that I don't want to wait anymore.

- Brendan Benson, "What I'm Looking For"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home