Monday, August 07, 2006

The bottom the Earth I have to fall

Been at Nana's for a couple days now. I hate smelling like smoke all the time and putting up with it when she lights up, but there's cable, coffee, bran cereal and broadband, which I tapped into for my laptop through the router my uncle made her get. I guess I'll just have to buy a bottle of Febreze ...

I'm glad to have today and tomorrow off. I have to get to work on that espresso story for "The Link." It's due next week. It's also nice to be able to rest from work for awhile. Believe it or not, it's kind of hectic, especially at night. Maybe it's just because you spend most of your time waiting around for stories, and you never know when the next one's coming. Still, it's fun hanging out with the night people. I'll be on mornings this Wednesday to Friday. At least I'll be able to go to the Square on Thursday. Tea Leaf Green's coming, which is really exciting.

I have nothing else to say, really, so here's my schedule for the rest of my internship:
Week of Aug. 7
Wednesday to Friday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Saturday 3 to 11 p.m.
Sunday 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Week of Aug. 14
Monday/Tuesday/Friday 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Saturday 3 to 11 p.m.
Sunday 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Week of Aug. 21
Monday to Friday 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
It'll be nice to be on mornings this week. I consider it a sort of vacation. I'll have time to read and hang out with the other interns, most of whom are there during the day. Otherwise I hardly see them these days, except for on weekends at the bars.

I really miss Scott. He's planning a trip to Syracuse when I'm there. I hope he can stay for a week or so. I don't know what's going to happen when he lives far away. Denver's pretty far, but Boston or New York City aren't that workable, either. I'm scared.

I think I planned on writing more, but I guess I lost track of what I was doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home