Saturday, September 02, 2006

Falling in love with macchiato mugs

OK, so I may not have made pancakes for lunch, but I did have a nice bowl of cereal in one of my new blue cereal/soup bowls, along with an apple. I also made a heaping batch of carrot soup, loaded with spices and other vegetables: garlic, onion, green bell pepper and potatoes. The recipe called for vegetable stock, but I used water, and it came out pretty well. I got to use the new blender; there were a few chunks of carrot and potato, but that makes the soup more rustic-tasting.

Coffee was on the menu as well. After waking up at 9:15 a.m., I brewed a nice cappuccino into a sleek white macchiato cup that I have grown to love. Small and thin, it works well for any hot drink: coffee, espresso, tea, hot chocolate, etc. Later on, I made a cup of my Starbucks French roast coffee in the Cafe Uno brewer. A splash of milk and a packet of Splenda later, and I've got a nice cup of joe sitting in that macchiato cup on a decorative saucer I got in a set from a garage sale last summer.

Got the party tonight. Last night I chilled with Jeremy -- God, it's been a long time. I hope to start hanging out more with that crowd. Anyway, I'm hoping the party tonight will allow me to unwind, have some fun with some old friends.

I really want to go home, spend four days or so with my family, regardless of what the weather would be like. Maybe I won't have to start work until later, so I can go home next weekend. For some reason, I long to be there. It's just so relaxing, and I get along with everyone. I love cooking there, where anything I make receives rave reviews. I don't have to worry about work, just what dishes I'll be making next. My bed is comfortable and familiar. The house is familiar and reminiscent of my childhood. It's (mostly) warm and nostalgic. I can go wherever I want with my parents' cars, if they're available. I know what's going on, but at the same time I never know what's going to happen next. I can retreat to our camp, light a fire and sit back. Yeah, I really need to go home, if only for four days. Next weekend, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home