Monday, October 16, 2006

I look high and low for yesterday

Home was nice. I stayed overnight at camp for the first time, and surprisingly it wasn't too cold, considering it's becoming that time where the temperatures get ever lower, especially up north. I did a lot of cooking and baking (freeform vegetable soup, pumpkin pie and an apple tart/pie) for the choir party/Aunt Mo's birthday bash we had over the weekend. Overall, I enjoyed getting away from everything.

But with escape comes the reintroduction into the real world and the old problems. Right now I'm going crazy over a big project for my magazine class: a profile on Food & Wine magazine. We have to interview at least 10 people, recording and writing out transcripts for each interview. So far I've scheduled two interviews, but both come after the first deadline -- Oct. 26 -- of when half the transcripts are due. I went on a bunch of wild goose chases today and sent out a barrage of e-mails, hoping to get in touch with people before it gets too late. I did so much work today (also aside from the project: I wrote this week's poem for my poetry class, did a paper due Thursday for one of my German classes and prepared some packages for upcoming deadlines for internship applications), and yet I still feel like I've lazed around and haven't really accomplished anything.

Maybe it's all this waiting around for people to respond to my e-mails. I wish there was something else I could do, but there really isn't anything more that can be done now (at least until tomorrow) other than wait. It gets on my nerves. At least I'm proud of the poem I wrote today: an "essay" in free verse.

I have to go back home Friday for another visit to the doctor, this time to find out the results of the mega-uncomfortable test I underwent last week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

In addition, I'll be working extra this week. I signed up for a Friday-evening shift. Next Monday I'll be working an unbelievable 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., because the girl who comes in at 2:30 can't be there for her shift, so I said I'd take it. I have nothing better to do, anyway ... or do I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home