Friday, November 10, 2006

If only summer rain would fall on the houses and the boulevard

Yum. Apple pie. And I made a healthier version of it ... or at least that's what I let myself think. By my calculations, each piece contains only about 250 calories (assuming the pie has eight slices). I didn't even dare start calculating fat content or any of that. What do you think I am, a math whiz?

Interviews and outlines have been written and critiqued, and now it's time to begin writing the real thing: the Food & Wine profile, which is due Nov. 21. Sure, there's time, but I'd like to get started early so I'm not dumped with bunches of pages to write before deadline. Who knows what could arise in the coming weeks that would hinder me from getting my work done? As it is, Scott's visiting a couple days before break on his way home from Boston. Doubtless there'll be other menial tasks to complete for my other classes during the week. At least I got that Nutrition exam out of the way yesterday. Another 75? 65? I'm hoping for more this time.

Sound the gongs: I'm officially an English and textual studies minor. I'm going to wait until after the rush and bustle that comes with spring 2007 enrollment (my date is Nov. 13 at 1:15 p.m. -- I can enroll while at work) to begin the long and tedious process that is declaring my German major. Apparently I'll have to make The College of Arts and Sciences my home college, and that involves obtaining the necessary signatures to transfer all my credits and make it official. Luckily I don't have to fulfill the Arts and Sciences' core requirements, because I get grandfathered in from the Newhouse requirements. Well, I think it'll all be worth it to have "German language, literature and culture" appear above "magazine journalism" on my diploma. Hell, I can do anything with a German major ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home