Saturday, November 18, 2006

The joy of cooking


Here's a dish my roommate made tonight from one of my recipe books. I've actually made it a couple times before myself for my family using chicken thighs instead of boneless breasts. She and her boyfriend baked the chicken in a casserole dish with sauteed garlic, onion, bell pepper and white wine, then added in some green olives and heavy cream at the end and served it all over penne. I offered a bit of guidance along the way, especially with regard to the chopping and sauteeing processes. I'm so proud of them.

Last night we all watched "The DaVinci Code," which my roommate had bought at Target. By the time it was over, it was around 1 a.m., so I went to bed without going out, but that was OK. It was nice spending a night in with her and her boyfriend, who is also a good friend of mine. Tonight we're watching Rutgers on TV, and hopefully a friend of mine across the street will be done with his homework by the time the game's over so we can hang out for a few hours. I just got word that he and another friend of mine are going to London next semester, so I'm kind of sad that I won't get to spend time with them in spring. Things were going so well, too.

My magazine class project is almost finished! Just a few loose ends, and then it should be done. I plan on spending Sunday tying up those ends, and Monday at work will be devoted to proofreading and editing it down for clarity and to stay to-the-point. I'm so relieved it's almost over.

Scott's coming on Sunday. It'll be nice to have him around. I just hope I have enough to feed him; I'm purposefully letting my food supply run down because I'll be gone from next Tuesday to Sunday, so there's no sense in going out and buying a bunch of stuff that will probably spoil by the time I get back. Nevertheless, there will be a lot to bring home, too. There always is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home