Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The year in food 2006

Great New York Times Dining section today (thank you, Mr. Pete Wells). I pulled a great quote from Eric Asimov's weekly wine column, and there was a great article that voiced my thoughts about the trend this year that many of the people becoming well-known in the food world aren't professionally trained at all. Gives me hope that I don't have to spend $50,000 and nine months for a culinary degree to succeed in the epicurean world.
"Honestly, I don't drink wine for my health. That's what carrots and broccoli are for. I drink it because I love it, because it's a never-ending pleasure, and because meals with wine always beat meals without wine." - Eric Asimov, "A Year of Treats for the Palate, by the Sip and the Barrel," The New York Times, Dec. 27, 2006
Chris got me a digital camera for Christmas! You can bet there'll be a lot more photos up here in due time. Saturday we're heading to Long Island to stay with his aunt and uncle for New Year's. We'll be bringing in the new year in Greenwich Village. I'm so pumped. After that, I'm going to visit him in Buffalo from Jan. 4 to 8, taking the train, as usual. The rest of my vacation holds wonderful potential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home