Friday, June 22, 2007

A whale of a paper

It may be a while tonight at work. I was assigned four pages tonight, two of which are done. The other two I have to wait for, because they are throw pages. The Portuguese president came to visit New Bedford and Fall River today because they have the highest concentration of Portugese-Americans in the entire country, and you can imagine The Standard-Times is milking the story to its fullest extent. I'm designing Page 2, where the "throws" (or jumps) for the Portugese president stories will go. Two reporters are out now covering the story, and they (stupidly) left with the president's press entourage and are now stranded at UMass Dartmouth with no ride back to the paper, so the night reporter had to go out to get them. That should put things back about another hour, because then they have to finish the stories, develop the photos and get everything sent in to us. Then it has to all be edited and plopped on Page 1 and thrown onto my page, which I can then lay out. All this on a Friday!

At least I have the weekend off. It's supposed to be nice, so perhaps I can hit up a beach or two and take some more lovely photos. I have some from before that I should put up soon.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

liz, you're so deep and beautiful. i just feel so good inside with every word you bring into my life. your work is the cherry on top of my sunday.

 
At 10:23 PM , Anonymous lieber said...

i want you so bad, liz, i miss you, i love you, i need you, please seek me out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home