Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back in Massachusetts, to your golden age, where they tuck you in at night

My company's "holiday" party is upon us at last. I say "holiday" because, of course, the holidays are really over. We schedule our yearly company party always for mid-January, post-holidays, because everyone's always so busy doing this and that during the real holidays, so we want to make sure all our invitees are free to attend our party. I've only been to the one last year, the one I planned and organized myself, and I was so pleased and proud of how it turned out. I haven't been tasked with the job of Party Organizer this year, but I'm sure it'll be just as fun and enjoyable.

Of course, Darren was all set to accompany me (as he did last year), but unfortunately his friend's father passed away last weekend, so he's flying down to Memphis on Friday morning to attend the funeral. It was a last-minute decision, but I'm not cross. I understand how important it is for him to be there for his friend, and as he said, there'll be more parties for him to attend. We're both bummed that he can't be at my company party, but I know it's more important that he attend the funeral.

Of course, that also means I'll be at home by myself all weekend, which is also unfortunate, but I'm sure I'll find something entertaining to do. A bunch of "Dawson's Creek" and "Gilmore Girls" episodes, anyone? I'm taking Darren to Boston Logan Airport Friday morning and will be picking him up Sunday evening when he comes home. Though I'm sad he'll be gone, I'm still looking forward to the relaxation of the weekend. That's not to say, however, that weekends with Darren home aren't relaxing — I'll take any relaxing days off work I can get!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home