Tuesday, May 24, 2011

All the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls brought me here

Darren and I are back from a weeklong trip to Aruba, slightly more tanned and refreshed ... and engaged! Darren popped the question early in our vacation while we were kayaking on the ocean. I was super surprised and of course said yes. He gave me a gorgeous platinum ring, and right after he put it on my finger, I looked out into the ocean and pointed out two sea turtles swimming right by our kayak — a good omen!

So, the wedding planning has begun. I'm doing initial research and figuring out dates, location, budget, etc. It'll probably be stressful, but I'm hopefully giving myself enough time by aiming for an August 2012 date. Of course, I sometimes yearn to just have it happen right now, but I also want to have plenty of time to plan and enjoy our engagement. For nearly four years, Darren has been my best friend and partner in crime. I'm so excited and feel so lucky that we'll be able to be together for the rest of our lives.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations my dear Liz! What joyous news....an engagement between two fine young people such as yourselves. And how lucky you were to have seen sea turtles! Given that miraculous omen, I have no doubt that you two will live a long, full, happy life together full of motorcycle rides and wonderful fall breezes. I have been so sad not to see you post to this Internet blog in such a long time, so please do keep us posted on the wedding plans! Congratulations, and God Bless.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home